Colosseum Rome Best Attractions in Italy
Colosseum Rome Summary
- Attraction: The Colosseum in Rome
- Country: ITALY
- Continent: Europe
Basically, there are many things to do in here, but we listed down of seven (7) main activities. There are:
- Guided Tours
- Explore the Underground
- Take in the View
- Visit the Third Tier
- Walk Down Via Sacra
- Visit the Roman Forum
- Admire the Architecture
About Colosseum Rome
The Colosseum in Rome is one of the most well-known tourist attractions in the world. It is an impressive reminder of a time when the Roman Empire was the most powerful in the world and has a rich history that still fascinates people today. Visiting here allows visitors to immerse themselves in the glory and grandeur of the ancient world, while also learning about the ruthless tactics of the Roman Empire. It also provides a unique opportunity to explore the Roman Forum, the area of the city where political, religious, and commercial activities took place under the Romans. Visiting the Colosseum is a truly unforgettable experience.
What things to do at Colosseum Rome?
There are many things to do here at Colosseum in Rome, Italy. We captured 7 best things to do as below:
- Guided Tours: Take a guided tour of the Colosseum. Most tours take around two or three hours and will give you an in-depth look at the history and construction of the architecture.
- Explore the Underground: The entrances to the Colosseum’s underground lie just behind the arena. Here, you can explore its history and inner workings.
- Take in the View: Climb up to the highest level of the Colosseum and take in some of the best panoramic views of Rome.
- Visit the Third Tier: Nowadays there are very few ways to access the third tier of the Colosseum, but the view it offers is unrivaled.
- Walk Down Via Sacra: Walk down Via Sacra, the ancient road that connects the Colosseum to the Roman Forum and other ancient monuments of Rome.
- Visit the Roman Forum: Located right next to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum is a huge archaeological area with an incredible collection of ancient monuments.
- Admire the Architecture: Walk around the perimeter and take in the remarkable
What are best foods in Colosseum Rome?
Most Italian here are interested with Porchetta Sandwich, Cacio e Pepe, Roman-Style Pizza, Carciofi Alla Giudia (Deep-Fried Artichokes) and Supplì (Fried Rice Balls). Not to forget the tourist also would like to try Polpette (Meatballs), Roman-Style Artichokes, Carbonara Pasta, Saltimbocca Alla Romana (Veal Scoops with Prosciutto, Sage, and White Wine) and Gelato.
What are Best Hotels to Stay ?
There are many great hotels in Rome that guests can stay in while they are in town. Some of the most popular places to stay in Colosseum are the Caffè dei Normanni, B&B Rome Incognito, and the Britax Italy Collection. Other hotels you should consider staying are Hotel Forum, Hotel Colosseum, Hotel San Pietro, Hotel Santa Maria and Hotel Abruzzi.
What is the Next Tourist Attraction?
Wanted to know our next attractions in Italy? Grand Canal, Venice is one of the most interesting places to visit in Italy. Scroll down and click the button for more information.